Wednesday 14 October 2015

The Hop To Stop - part one.


October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month in the USA and the lovely Becca Cruger has organised a blog hop to help. Over the course of their lifetimes a staggering 1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence! Whilst I have been lucky, someone who I'm very close to has suffered in the past and still has recurring nightmares about it, so I'm happy to help raise awareness here.

 The hop to stop can be found HERE.

We were challenged to make cards featuring the colour purple - the chosen colour for the charity. I thought about what it must be like to suffer in this way and decided to use a quote and feathers from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Fine Feathers" stamp set, together with the matching dies.


The other dies used are also by Waltzingmouse. I started with a large stitched rectangle panel and heat embossed two of the small feather images all over using clear embossing powder. Then I blended Shaded Lilac, Milled Lavender, Wilted Violet and Dusty Concord Distress Inks over the panel, before removing the embossing with a hot iron. (One of the only times I tend to use an iron)! The feathers were stamped onto their matching diecuts using Memento Grape Jelly ink, which I also used for the sentiment.


I love all the fine detail in the feathers and I'm pleased with how this turned out! I'll be back later with another card to share. Thanks for looking.

Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Those feathers are lovely and they look gorgeous in purple. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful feathers! They are incredible and the whole layout is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH, I love your background and the feathers! This is a great card for the hop to stop DV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card for the Hop to Stop! I like the feathers and the very comforting scripture. The Psalms are some of my favourites. Thank you for caring about this important and very serious issue that has impacted the lives of so many of us, and for supporting the hop with your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this just shimmers and shines in real life, Lynn! That background is stunning and the sentiment you chose fits perfectly. Thank you SO much for playing along at the Hop to Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies! Your kind comments are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this... I love feathers and your background is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again, great shading on the background! I like the grouping of diecut feathers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!