Friday 27 July 2018

Watercoloured bird with balloons

Hello and welcome. I am currently taking Kristina Werner's Simply Watercolor Online Card Class and although we aren't using any stamps or dies, I'm really enjoying stepping outside of my comfort zone and just painting.

The lessons for day 2 are all about painting simple critters and animals. Kristina's examples are all whimsical and fun (which is just as well, as I'm hopeless at drawing really lifelike animals). For the card below I started by making a card blank from some Bockingford cold pressed watercolour paper, taped it to my board and painted directly onto it using my Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolour paint pans. Extra details and the sentiment were added with a fine black PITT artist pen and my cute little bird is now ready to wing his way to one of my friends!


Thanks for looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!