Thursday 14 March 2019

More Playful Peacocks

I'm back with some more cards that I've made with the My Favourite Things Playful Peacock stamps and dies. This is a lovely set with three peacock images, some small flowers and leaves and six useful sentiments. I have quite a few birthdays coming up so I made three birthday cards and an encouragement card, all using the forward facing peacock image.


I started with 6" square card blanks and all four cards are of a similar layout. Each has a background layer of MFT plaid or floral paper. They have some gorgeous designs and I was spoilt for choice!


The next two layers were cut with dies from the MFT Stitched-Tag Corner Square Die-namics and the sentiments were stamped with MFT Tropical Teal dye ink.


I used the same ink to stamp the peacocks, which I then coloured with Copic Ciao markers before cutting out with the co-ordinating dies. The peacocks were shaped slightly so that their tail feathers sloped backwards towards the top and then affixed to the card panels with foam tape for dimension. I also stamped an additional head and body for each one and used more foam tape to raise them from the main image.


I think that the last card is my favourite as I love the teal colours and the sentiment! Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!