Saturday 8 March 2014

Bright hexagons.

This is my second post today, again with a hexagon themed card - but this one is totally different from my last card!



Earlier this week I was playing around with my watercolour paints making card backgrounds. I very rarely use reds, oranges and yellows - so this one was really out of my comfort zone! I started by painting lemon yellow circles randomly onto white card, then went around each one with orange paint - at this point I decided to try to make the shapes roughly hexagonal for a more angular look. Then I filled in all the remaining spaces with bright red paint, blending it into the orange. The resulting piece was ever so bright and it looked good with a black card blank for contrast so that's what I went with. I stamped over each yellow hexagon shape with a selection of tiny stamps from Papertrey Ink's Happy Hexagons stamp set, using Jet Black Archival ink and Wendy Vecchi's Red Geranium and Orange Blossom Archival inks.  The sentiment was from the same PTI stamp set and again stamped in Black Archival ink.

I would normally add additional embellishments to a card, but I felt that there was enough going on with this one already and that anything else would detract from it. I think that this must actually be the first one - layer card that I've made so far!

I'd like to enter this into the Moxie Fab World's Happy for Hexagons challenge. You can see the details here http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2014/02/hexagons-happy-for-hexagons-challenge.html .

I would also like to enter it in the Sunday Stamper challenge -  Week 287 - All Thing Bright And Beautiful. Details are here on Hels Sheridan's blog http://pinkleart.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/sunday-stamper-week-297-all-things.html .

This is the first time that I have entered either of these challenges, so I hope that I have followed all the rules and linked up correctly! Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. You followed the rules perfectly and I love your bright creation... thanks for sharing and joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!