Saturday 22 March 2014

JustRite Poppies card

Earlier in the week I needed to make a quick birthday card to post to my Great Aunt Doris, who was 91 yesterday.  She loves her garden, so I thought that the beautiful large Poppies stamp from JustRite's Poppies Labels Twenty Nine set (CL - 04380) would be just the job.
 
 


The image is very detailed so I decided to go with a CAS style, with nothing to detract from the beauty of the flowers. The poppies were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with Ranger Distress Markers. I used wild honey for the stamens, festive berries and barn door for the bright petals and shabby shutters and peeled paint for the leaves and stems. Finally I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment (also by JustRite) in the bottom right corner and the card was ready to be posted to Dorset.

I shall certainly be using this lovely stamp again as it was such a pleasure to colour the image and it was easy to achieve a good result fairly quickly. I also think that it's very versatile and could be used for many different occasions.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love large stamps which fill a card, nothing else needed really.


    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!