Sunday 4 May 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues #15 : Guilded Flora

This week Taheerah has chosen another bright and cheerful inspiration photo for her Cure for the Monday Blues challenge no 15. You can check out all the details on her blog here http://littlemisst-papercraft.blogspot.com/2014/04/cure-for-monday-blues-challenge-15.html .


Source: Pinterest
 
I started with a 5" x 7" white card blank and used two of the smallest stamps from the Waltzingmouse Stamps "Funky Feathers" set to imitate the petals on the acrylic chairs and paper plates. I used Papertrey Ink Melon Berry and Berry Sorbet inks, stamping them onto scrap paper first so that I could use the second generation of ink on my card front. Then I added the sentiment, from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Vintage Garden Seed Packet", using Versamark ink and heat embossing with gold embossing powder.

Please click on the photo for an enlarged view.


I stamped the carnation from the same stamp set three times onto different coloured card and another three times onto green card, fussy cut them out and paper pieced them to make my three carnation flowers. The vases were cut from Memory Box dies, Candy Jar and Vintage Apothecary Jar, the lids were discarded and the bases of the round ones were cut down to size and paper pieced together to match the vases in the inspiration photo. I used narrow heat proof tape (the red lined sort) to define the gold areas on the vases, which I then heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Finally I used foam pads to stick my flowers and vases to the card front, following a diagonal layout, similar to the display on the table in the photo.

I really enjoyed making this card, although it was more time consuming than I expected! Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the trio of vases you created, and the thin line of gold embossing is so fabulous!! Utterly gorgeous card Lynn, as always you have such great attention to detail and it really shows in your finished piece! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!