Sunday 11 May 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge # 16

This week Taheerah Atchia has chosen an inspiration photo which I found truly challenging! Taheerah's card is fresh and modern looking - check it out here http://littlemisst-papercraft.blogspot.com/2014/05/cure-for-monday-blues-challenge-16.html .

Source: Pinterest
 
I decided to use the geometrical pattern on the bedding as my main feature and found a small triangular stamp in the "On Deer" stamp set by Kelly Purkey for Simon Says Stamp. I used Memento dye inks in Canteloupe, London Fog, Rose Red and Tuxedo Black to stamp my pattern. I scored several lines at the top right of my card to represent the boarding on the ceiling and highlighted them with a very fine black Pitt pen.

 
I don't have any really large sentiment stamps that would have been suitable, so I used a Sizzix die cut instead. Finally I embellished with a few coloured pearls. I hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun, eclectic triangle stamped background, with a totally groovy sentiment! My favourite part is definitely the scoring to echo the beams though, so cool!! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the photo w that card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!