Saturday 8 November 2014

An Aviation Birthday

Today our eldest grandson Max has his third birthday, so I needed to make him a special card. He is fascinated by all sorts of aircraft and is very knowledgeable for such a tender age. I was admonished by him when I showed him a photo of a helicopter in one of his books - "it's not a helicopter Grandma - it's a Sea King"! Similarly he can tell a Spitfire from a Hurricane etc, whereas I just see a 'plane! We think he might end up being a pilot when he grows up.

So clearly an aircraft card was called for and Clearly Besotted's Take Flight stamps and matching dies were just perfect for the job.


I used a 6" square white card blank and layered some Core'dinations card from the Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic collection. This was topped with some pretty cloud patterned paper from the "Up, Up & Away" NitWit collection by Lili of the Valley. The letters were cut from the Core'dinations card using the Memory Box Classic Alphabet Upper Case dies and adhered to the card with a dab of Ranger's Studio multi-medium matte.

The aircraft, banners and sentiments were stamped onto smooth white card with Memento dye inks (Love Letter, Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Dandelion and London Fog). I tried to match the aircraft colours to some of the characters from Disney's Planes (Blade Ranger, Dusty and Leadbottom) as Max is very fond of those too. The coordinating Take Flight dies made it really easy to cut everything out and there is even a little separate stamp for the banner strings, which I stamped directly onto the patterned paper. Everything was stuck onto the card with double sided tape and clear foam pads in selected areas, to add dimension and make it look like the planes were banking round.

I was really pleased with how this turned out and I hope that little Max liked it too.


Here is the birthday boy, modelling the cute aviator hat that his Auntie Jess bought him for his birthday.


We bought Max the matching aviator jacket to match and he looked so cute in his new outfit. Here he is with his Daddy trying to salute. I love the photo below - he looks so pleased with himself!


Thanks for looking.

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute and so is your card! I'm glad you managed to get hold of the stamps and dies and make such a brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!