Saturday 15 November 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge # 71 - In Memory of Oscar de la Renta (part 1)

This week I decided to play along with the Runway Inspired Challenge in memory of the designer Oscar de la Renta who died recently. You can find all the details on the Runway Inspired Challenge blog here . This time there were a number of inspiration photos to choose from, as each member of the Design Team had selected an item of clothing from the Spring 2015 collection to feature. 


I really liked this dress, which was chosen by Taheerah*Fill Your Paper With The Breathings of Your {Heart}*
Taheerah made a gorgeous card (in fact she made two) - do check out the blog to see her lovely work!


Not to be outdone, I decided to make two cards as well. In actual fact I selected a large background stamp from Wendy Vecchi's Art Colors Life stamp set, together with Distress ink markers (Mowed Lawn, Fired Brick and Squeezed Lemonade) and tried two different techniques. I liked them both, hence the two cards!
Below is the first one, with a trio of layered Christmas trees.


I inked the stamp up using the Distress markers and stamped directly onto a 6" square white card blank.


I also stamped the same image onto a separate piece of white card and used this to die cut my trees with the Dee's Distinctively Christmas Stacker Tree dies. I also cut matching trees from bright green card and layered them all up with double sided tape.


Finally I stamped the sentiment, from Waltzingmouse Stamps Vintage Ornaments set in Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink. I shall be back soon with my second card. Thanks for looking.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!