Saturday 29 November 2014

Text Me!

I treated myself to a set of the Clearly Besotted Text Me stamps recently as I thought they would be ideal for making cards for young people and would be suitable for male cards too. I needed a couple of birthday cards so I made a batch of six cards, using C6 black card blanks and a variety of Spellbinders and Cuttlebug embossing folders for the yellow backgrounds. 


I stamped the phone and headphones onto black card with Versamark ink and heat embossed them using clear embossing powder. There are actually a matching set of dies for these stamps, but since I don't have them yet I fussy cut everything out by hand. I put some double sided tape onto the back of the stamped headphones before I cut them out, which made it much easier to stick them to the cards afterwards! I used Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink to stamp the various text messages and icons onto lemon yellow card, cut them out and stuck them to the phones with strong double sided tape. The phones were then added to the cards with foam pads for dimension.  


Below you can see all six of my cards, with their different embossed backgrounds. As usual you can click on any of the photos to get a clearer view.


I am really pleased with the finished results, even though the headphones took me ages to cut out! Each card also has a white insert inside, for ease of use. 

I am entering one of these cards into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - you can find all the details here . 

Thanks for looking,

Lynn.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Lynn, nice little stack of birthday cards you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea - and they are ideal for the male species which are always difficult to make cards for.
    Don't worry about the cards - save them for next year.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!