Sunday 27 October 2013

London Themed Birthday Card


Earlier this week it was our cousin Roy's birthday and I wanted to make him a special card. As he used to live in London when he was younger I decided to use the London Background Stamp from JustRite Stampers http://justritepapercraft.com/collections/cling-stamps/products/london-background-stamp-cl-03765 .

I used a cream A5 card blank and cut a background layer using Botanica patterned paper from the Tropical Travelogue Collection by Graphic 45 and a Spellbinders die from the Grand Labels Twenty-three set http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/products/p-343-grand-labels-twenty-three.aspx .

I stamped the London Background stamp onto cream card using Memento Rich Cocoa ink and matted and layered onto a piece of chocolate bronze coloured card stock. The images of Westminster (where Big Ben is), the heart, and the postage stamp were coloured with Distress Markers (Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Worn Lipstick and Tumbled Glass). I stamped an extra two images, coloured the clock tower and the postage stamp as before, then fussy cut them out and layered them up on foam pads to give a more dimensional look. Finally I used glossy accents to highlight the clock face.


 
 
I was really pleased with the finished result as I think it's quite hard to get masculine cards just right sometimes. I'm pleased to say that Roy liked it too!
 
Here in the UK we are due to have a severe storm tonight, so I hope that you all stay safe and warm indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!