Monday 10 March 2014

PTI Make It Monday Challenge #154 - Colour and Texture on a One Layer Card

Last week on the Papertrey Ink blog Erin Lincoln shared a video showing how to get lots of texture and colour onto a one layer card. You can check out her video here http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2014/03/make-it-monday-154-color-and-texture-tips-for-one-layer-cards.html .

I knew that I'd struggle with this challenge as I love to have lots of layers on my cards! Then I remembered the "Lovely Layers" stamp set and knew that it would be perfect to use for this.

 
 
I started with smooth white card and Limeade ice ink and stamped the largest  image all over the card, making sure that the corners just touched as I stamped each one. Then I moved on to Simply Chartreuse ink for the frilly leaves and Ripe Avocado ink for the veins of each leaf.
 
For the flowers I used Winter Wisteria ink, accented with Royal Velvet ink (for both the large and small flower images. I wasn't happy with the white spaces left, so I used Ripe Avocado ink again and the larger leaf vein stamp to fill in the gaps. I thought that this looked a bit like stalks for the flowers too!
 
The sentiment is from the "Boutique Borders:Birthday" set and I stamped it with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with WOW Purple Glitz embossing glitter powder. You can just see how this sparkles in the photo below.

 
 
I stuck the stamped panel onto a square Royal Velvet card blank and was pleased with the finished result. At least I should be in time to link my entry up to the PTI challenge this week!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lynn, that is so clever. So beautifully stamped - you are a brill stamper.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your stamping is gorgeous! Everything so neat and lined up perfect. I think I need to check out that video! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!