Monday 28 July 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge # 173 : No Outline Watercolour - Sympathy Card.

This week's challenge at the Papertrey Ink blog saw Heather Nichols demonstrating how to obtain a beautiful watercoloured card without the stamping showing too much. You can check out Heather's lovely card here http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2014/07/make-it-monday-173-no-outline-watercolor.html .

Please click on the photo above for a clearer view.
 
I used the lovely "Friends 'til the end" stamp set, some rustic looking cardstock and a smokey shadow PTI inkpad. This ink was still a bit too dark for this technique, so I used second generation stamping to achieve a lighter look. I made masks for several of the stamps to gain depth as I was stamping. I dabbed some inkpads onto an acrylic block and spritzed with water before using a waterbrush to watercolour the image. I chose to use Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado for the leaves and Plum Pudding and Royal Velvet for the flowers. I went around the outside of the floral arrangement with a very light wash of the Smokey Shadow ink and stamped the sentiment, from the Meadow Greens stamp set, using the same inkpad. Finally I added some purple twine (True Hemp crafters cord) around the spine of my card to complete it.
 
This was a fun technique to try and I ended up making another similar card in different colours as well - I'll be back later on to show that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!