Thursday 30 October 2014

Pink Roses and Sequins

This week I have been busy card making as I need quite a few cards for various occasions over the next few weeks and I wanted to make a start on them before I begin making Christmas cards. I decided to make a batch of similar cards and started by cutting shaped card blanks from pearlised linen textured card using a Spellbinders Card Creator die.

I chose the triple rose three step stamps from Papertrey Ink's "The Sweet Life" stamp set for my focal point. The roses were stamped first with Memento Angel Pink ink, then Papertrey Sweet Blush ink, with the final layer being Memento Rose Bud ink. I used the matching dies to cut out the blooms, which I adhered to my cards using foam pads. The gold leaves were cut from mirror card using the three smallest dies from the Memory Box Tender Leaves set. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment was cut from the same mirror card using a Simon Says Stamp die and these were adhered with a small amount of Ranger's Studio matte multi-medium, as were the pink and gold sequins. 


The "Thanks" sentiment on the card below is also cut from a Simon Says Stamp die - I love the font used!


I ended up with a batch of two birthday cards and six thank you cards, so I'm very happy with the results!


I am hoping to be back later on today with another card. My blog posts are becoming a little like buses - you wait for ages for one then two come along at once - LOL! Thanks for looking.

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, I love the gold in them too. Good idea to make several designs at once!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!