Monday 17 November 2014

Papertrey ink Make it Monday challenge # 188: Stamping Ombre Backgrounds

Over at the Papertrey blog Laura Bassen has a video tutorial and a challenge for stamping ombre backgrounds - you can check out all the details and the video here .

I am joining in the challenge today with a tent fold A5 size card, using the Papertrey ink Rustic Snowflakes stamp set for the ombre background and the Shape Up Snowman dies and matching accessories stamps for my focal point.

Please click on the photo for an enlarged view. 

Using the long solid snowflake stamp I stamped the background in eight different colours, overlapping them slightly as I went. I chose (from top to bottom) Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, Sweet Blush, Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding, Royal Velvet and True Black inks on white card. I trimmed the panel and layered it onto some mottled grey card before adhering to my card blank. The sentiment (also from the Rustic Snowflakes set) was stamped in black onto a banner cut from the mottled grey card then added to the card with foam tape.

The snowman and accessories were diecut from white card then stamped in coordinating colours. I added a touch of Orange Zest ink for his carrot nose too. His twig arms were diecut from Dark Chocolate card. I used double sided tape to assemble him and stick him to the card base, with some extra foam tape for the top of his hat and his mittens. I drew the "string" holding his mittens with a fine blue marker pen and painted his three buttons with a little Spring Rain ink. 

I'm really happy with how my snowman card turned out - I hope you like it too!

Lynn.

1 comment:

  1. This snowman is adorable. I love the colorful background too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!