Thursday 4 February 2016

Watercolor Apples

Hello, today I am sharing a watercoloured card which I have painted as part of one of the lessons in the Online Watercolour for Cardmakers - Intermediate Techniques Course.


I used Bockingford 140lb Cold Pressed watercolour paper to make a 5" x 7" card blank and painted my apples using Quinacridone Gold, Permanent Sap Green and Alizarin Crimson paints from Winsor & Newton's Professional Watercolour range.



The teacher, Dawn Woleslagle, used the inside of a Wplus9 die to draw her rows of fruit (she painted pears). However I don't own those dies, so I made a stencil by stamping an apple image onto thickish card and cutting out the centre. A wet on wet technique was used to paint the apples, enabling the colours to merge together in a variety of ways. The stems and leaves were painted in freehand.

I decided not to add a sentiment to my card just yet - but I can always add one at a later date when I need a card in a rush. I am really pleased with how this turned out for my first attempt at this technique!

Thanks for visiting. I'll be back shortly with another similar card to show you.

1 comment:

  1. Love this card! the apples look good enough to pick! Adore the apples! I shall be investigating this watercolour cardstock too, as the one I have isn't quite right for cards xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!