Saturday 4 June 2016

Badger Birthday card

Today I have a different sort of card to share with you. Usually I make cards from scratch and they almost always heavily feature rubber stamping. However last week I was in a bookshop when I came across a colouring book with a difference - it's full of cards and envelopes ready to be coloured in and sent. The artist, Rebecca Jones, has designed 24 different cards with matching envelopes, all with a cute nature theme. The book is published by the National Trust and is excellent quality so I felt that it was well worth the £7.99 that I paid for it. 


Yesterday was my daughter's birthday, so I chose the card which had three badgers in their set, as she is very fond of them. Much of this has to do with the Hufflepuff house from the Harry Potter books - hence my golden yellow background! I coloured the card using Caran D'Ache Supracolor pencils, then stamped the Waffle Flower sentiment (from the "In Every Way" stamp set) using Versafine Onyx Black ink.


 The inside of the card was also illustrated with a single badger and a floral frame. I took the liberty of adding a stamped pizza box and a customised slice of pizza from Lawn Fawn's "Pizza My Heart" stamp set. This was apt as my daughter Jessica used to have a part time job making pizzas whilst she was studying for her degree. The "Perfect Day" sentiment was also from the same Waffle flower stamp set.


The cards are approximately 5.25 inches square, so there was still plenty of room inside to write a message.


 Below is a close-up of that hungry badger, about to enjoy his slice of pizza! I am reliably informed that he had ordered Jess' favourite cheesecake for dessert too!


 The back of the card had some more artwork, with a space to sign, so I didn't need my personalised stamp this time. I also decided to save the co-ordinating envelope for another occasion.


 I'm really happy with how this turned out and I think that the book is excellent value for money, especially as it works out at less than 34p per card, with it's own matching envelope and sticker seal.

Thanks for looking,
Lynn.


1 comment:

  1. Very sweet Lynn and I love that you've added your own personal bits to the design! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!