Thursday 26 July 2018

It's been a while ...

It's been over two years in fact since I last updated this blog. Life has been busy and I haven't been able to create as much I as would have liked. I have missed it though and so I decided to take Kristina Werner's Simply Watercolor Online Card Class to try to get my mojo back. I have always loved watercolouring and this class is perfect for me, so prepare to be bombarded with photos of hand-painted cards! No stamps or dies were allowed and only minimal supplies were required, but I have found that stretching myself in this way is very satisfying. I did miss my stamps and ink though!

The first day's lessons concentrated on patterns and backgrounds, starting with a plaid design painted inside large numerals, which was then made into a birthday card.  For my first attempt I used similar colours to Kristina, but switched up the numerals to 75 (instead of using 50). I also chose to use my trusty Winsor & Newton watercolour pans.


This was such a fun technique that I just had to paint another version, this time using Winsor & Newton tubes of paint in Olive Green and Burnt Umber. I also changed the outlining from silver to gold and mounted the finished piece onto an olive green card blank.


This type of card is really useful for those "difficult to make for" male cards and I'm sure that I'll be revisiting this technique again in future.


Thanks for looking. I'll be back again soon with some more watercoloured cards to show you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!