Thursday 26 July 2018

Watercolour word block - CAKE

Welcome back for my fifth post today!

I am currently taking the Simply Watercolor Online Card Class where guest artist Julie Ebersole has created a card with a word block, using a wet on wet painting technique. Following my first simple example I decided to do another, more elaborate version, with added texture and smaller additional  illustrated details. I chose the word CAKE and went to town using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour paints. Again the letters are edged with a silver POSCA paint pen and additional lettering was added with a Faber Castell fine black PITT artist pen.


I layered the finished panel onto pink and then yellow card, added some narrow pink glitter tape to a white card blank then added the layered panel to complete my card.

Thanks for looking. Check out my next post for details of another "altered" word block card :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!