Thursday 26 July 2018

Watercolour word block - LOVE

Hello again - yes, you are not seeing things, this is my fourth post for today!

I am currently taking the Simply Watercolor Online Card Class and the first day's lessons are covering Patterns and Backgrounds. Guest designer Julie Ebersole created a card with the four lettered word FAVE painted in a block, using a wet on wet painting technique. For my first attempt I decided to use the word LOVE and my Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolour paint pans. The letters are edged with a silver POSCA paint pen and additional lettering added with a Faber Castell fine black PITT artist pen.



I could see so much potential for this type of card and so I ended up making a further three cards in a similar style (but with added details).  Further posts to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!