Thursday 26 July 2018

Watercolour word block - SNOW.

Well this must be a record for me as this is my seventh post for today! Also, this is the very first Christmas card that I have made this year - I just need to make the rest before the last minute now!

I am currently participating in the Simply Watercolor Online Card Class, where guest artist Julie Ebersole inspired me to make four different variations of her card example. For my final card in this series I chose the word SNOW and painted it using Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour paints. I then added snow flakes and drifting snow using Winsor & Newton white Gouache. I outlined the letters with a silver POSCA paint pen and added the rest of the sentiment with a fine black PITT artist pen. I took a white card blank and added a row of silver glitter tape at the top and bottom, before adhering my painted panel with foam tape for added dimension.



I love the added texture that the white Gouache gives! The photo below shows all four cards in this series - and I have ideas for several more in future. They were so much fun to paint - and not a stamp in sight!


Thank you for looking and I hope that you will forgive me for the post overload today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!