Wednesday 27 March 2019

Layered Daffodils

What could be more Spring like than a host of golden daffodils? The recent warmer weather here inspired me to try out the beautiful Altenew layered daffodil die collection, which was a free gift with issue 188 of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine. There are seven dies in the set, which can be cut out and layered to produce a detailed daffodil flower, stem and leaf. I spent an evening in front of the TV whilst I die cut loads of coloured card and I found it quite addictive, as I managed to make enough flowers to make a total of nine cards!


My first three cards were made on ivory 5" x 7" card bases in a portrait orientation. Each has a layer of subtle patterned paper from Craft Consortium's Watercolours collection, which was topped with a Tailored Expressions Lattice Frame die cut in a co-ordinating colour. 


The birthday sentiment is from Altenew's Build-A-Flower Sakura Blossom stamp set and was heat embossed with WOW embossing powders to match each frame. 


I used "Stick-It" adhesive sheets when die cutting all of the elements, so that it was easy to layer them up and to adhere them to the frames. The flower heads were added with foam tape for dimension. 


The remaining cards were all made with white 5" x 7" card blanks in a landscape orientation. 



The happy birthday sentiment on the first one is from Altenew's Painted Greetings stamp set and was heat embossed with White Super Fine Detail embossing powder by Ranger.


Again the patterned papers used are from Craft Consortium's Watercolours collection.


For my last three cards I changed to using patterned papers from Paper Boutique's Tutti Frutti collection.


I swapped the stamped sentiment for the lovely scripty hello die cut, which is from Altenew's Simply Hello die. I adhered these using Lawn Fawn's glue tube, which has a fine tip that made it really easy to get the glue where it was needed.


Now I have plenty of cards in my stash for all of those Spring birthdays that are coming up!


Thanks so much for looking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!