Friday 23 May 2014

Pastel Watercolour Wash Background


I decided to make a second card using the same technique as in lesson two (see my post below this one), but this time using Pastel shades of Distress ink. I selected Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Bundled Sage and Shaded Lilac and used Bockingford watercolour paper again.

Please click on the above photo for a clearer view.
 
I mounted my watercoloured panel onto a pale pink card blank. The sentiment and basket of wool stamps are both from Newton's Nook "Basket of Wishes" stamp set and I used a black dye ink to stamp them onto watercolour paper. The basket and balls of wool were coloured using the same four shades of Distress Ink Markers, I fussy cut it out and mounted it to the card with foam pads. I think the finished card looks really effective and I will certainly be making more backgrounds like this one.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. You have been busy with all your lovely watercoloured cards! I think this one and the birds card are my favouites although the stencil one is lovely too. I like the softness of this card a lot.

    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous watercolour card, love that background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!