Friday 23 May 2014

Vibrant Watercolour Wash Background


In the second lesson of the online watercolour for card makers classes Laura Bassen showed us how to make great backgrounds using an acrylic block and a selection of  Distress ink pads.


Please click on the above photo for a more detailed view.
 
For my card I chose to use Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers Distress inks and Bockingford 300g (140lb) Cold Pressed watercolour paper. The inks were applied to an acrylic block, one at a time, spritzed with water and "stamped" onto the watercolour paper. The water allowed the inks to blend together nicely, producing a really bright background. I tried this technique a few times - it was really easy and each background was unique.
 
I simply mounted my panel onto a black card blank, added a black die cut from a Sizzix die and embellished with three black gems. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!