Saturday 5 April 2014

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 254

 
Earlier this week I discovered the delicious looking Cupcake Inspirations challenge blog here http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/challenge-254.html . Their sponsors this week are Core'dinations and I am a great fan of their colourful card so I decided to join in with this week's colour themed challenge. I have made two cards, both using 5" x 7" white card blanks and Core'dinations card.
 
 
 
For my first card I cut a panel of "Aruba" Core Color card and embossed it using a Darice Circle Background embossing folder and my cuttlebug machine. I used some lemon yellow card to die cut a panel for the sentiment using one of the Spellbinders Card Creator A2 Polka Dots dies (S5 - 133). The sentiment is from the JustRite "Seeds of Summer" clear stamp set (CR - 03755) and was stamped using one of Wendy Vecchi's new Archival ink colours, Forget-Me-Not, which is a lovely shade of turquoise blue. I then cut a white card panel with a Spellbinders Labels One die (S4 - 161)  and used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the pretty petunias image from the same "Seeds of Summer" JustRite stamp set. I coloured the petunias with Copic Ciao markers - Aqua Blue (BG01), Yellow (Y06) and Yellow Green (YG03). I used double sided tape to add the yellow panel to the card and foam pads to adhere the white flowery panel over the top. A row of three yellow pearls was the finishing touch.



For my second card I took two strips of Core'dinations in Aruba blue and a lemon yellow colour (which was from the Tim Holtz and Ranger Adirondack collection), and embossed them both with a Darice "Scroll with bird" long embossing folder in my Cuttlebug machine. These were adhered to the white card base with double sided tape, so that they joined in the centre to form one background panel. I cut two white card panels from the Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles large dies (S4 - 202) and used Memento Rich Cocoa ink to stamp "A Little Hug" by Leanne Ellis for Sugar Nellie and the "Thanks for being there"sentiment from the "Rescue Remedies Additions" stamp set by Waltzingmouse stamps. I coloured the image with Copic Ciao markers - Aqua Blue (BG01), Yellow (Y06), Chamois (E35), Skin White (E00) and Burnt Umber (E29). The two white panels were mounted onto the card using foam pads and the smaller one was embellished with a row of three tiny aqua coloured pearls.

 
 
I'd like to say a big Thank You to my good friend Lana, who gave me the Sugar Nellie stamp as part of my Christmas present last year!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colours, the different textures add so much to the cards :)


    Penny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!