Sunday 6 April 2014

Cure For The Monday Blues # 11

This week's cure for the Monday Blues inspiration photo took me way out of my comfort zone.  http://littlemisst-papercraft.blogspot.com/2014/03/cure-for-monday-blues-challenge-11-and.html . In fact I had more or less decided not to enter this week until I received an email from Taheera and she reminded me about it - so I felt obliged to have a go! I thought that I would really struggle to come up with something, but in the end I had so many ideas that I actually made two cards today! 
 
 Source: Pinterest
 
 
My first card is a more feminine version, where I decided to concentrate on the right hand side of the inspiration photo . I started with a white 5" x 7" card blank and layered on some dotty pink designer paper from my stash and a smaller rectangle of Papertrey ink Spring Rain card. I used Memento Rich Cocoa ink and Papertrey Hibiscus Burst ink to stamp the Waltzingmouse Woodenheart Alphabet onto white card, substituting a small heart for the letter O. The panel was then layered onto a rectangle of Papertrey ink Dark Chocolate card and adhered to the card with double sided tape. I used the Hibiscus Burst ink again to stamp JustRite's "Autumn Damask Background stamp" (CL - 03895) onto white card and cut out a pennant shape. The Sweet Heart sentiment (from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Half Baked Gingerbread Joy" stamp set - as was the small heart) was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Wow Bark regular embossing powder and I added a small heart shaped pearl. The floral heart stamp was by Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) and I used Versamark ink and Wow Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder on some PTI Hibiscus Burst card, then cut it out and mounted it onto the card with foam pads.  I was very happy with the result.
 

 
 
For my second card I started with a black 5" x 7" card blank and layered on a piece of  yellow Core'dinations card from the Tim Holtz and Ranger Adirondack collection, then a layer of Papertrey ink Raspberry Fizz card, which I embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder. I used Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink to stamp the Elusive Images damask background (from plate UA4SP0156) onto white card, trimmed it and added the panel to my card with double sided tape. I used Versamark ink and the Wow white embossing powder again to stamp the "Smile" sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps' "Compact Sentiments" set onto turquoise card and one of the pretty bird images from Elusive Images' "Birds of a Feather" set (from plate UA4SP0218) onto another piece of the Raspberry Fizz card. I cut two of the smaller Spellbinders Labels One dies out of yellow and black card, layered them up and stamped the larger of the cameo ladies from Waltzingmouse Stamps' "Cameo Creations" using Raspberry Fizz ink. The panel with the bird was raised up on foam pads and the final touch was a row of three black gems in the bottom right corner.


 
 
This was the card that caused me the most problems as the colours were not what I'd usually go for at all - but I think that sometimes it's good to challenge yourself a bit more - it is called a "challenge" after all!  Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. That's the good thing about challenges - getting out of your comfort zone. ;-) I'm glad you decided to have a play and put that to the test!! Two awesome cards here. I love how you pick out several elements from the inspiration for each card, yet they both look so different! Wonderful selection of patterns and stamps on both, particularly fond of the pops of colour and the composition on the second one. :-) Keep playing and experimenting when you can - it looks good on you. ;-) Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!