This week the challenge on the JustRite blog is a sketch http://justritestampers.typepad.com/justrite-inspiration/justrite-friday-challenge/ and Spellbinders have kindly sponsored the challenge.
I have quite a few JustRite stamps and enjoyed selecting several different sets to use on my card, together with three Spellbinders dies. I started with a 5" x 7" white card blank and chose Papertrey Ink card in Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides and Sweet Blush. I used co-ordinating Papertrey inks too - Ocean Tides and Hibiscus Burst. I also found some wide faux wrinkled silk ribbon and six buttons from my stash.
Please click on the above photo to get an enlarged view.
I trimmed a rectangle of the Aqua Mist card to slightly smaller than the front of my card blank and used the Ocean Tides ink to stamp the Leafy Background stamp (SW 04555) onto it. I had to stamp the background twice, making sure that the join would be covered by the ribbon which I adhered with double sided tape. Next I die cut the Ocean Tides card using one of the Spellbinders Labels Eight dies (S5 - 190) and the Aqua Mist card was cut with one of the Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight dies (S5 - 148). The decorative label shape was stamped firstly with the large frame from the Grand Sentiments stamp set (CR - 03885) and then with one of the sentiments from the Seeds of Summer stamp set (CR - 03755). The labels were stuck together using foam pads and added to the card with double sided tape.
I stamped the large flower from the Floral Vintage Labels Two stamp set (CL - 04455) twelve times onto Sweet Blush card using the Hibiscus Burst ink. These were then fussy cut out and decoupaged using foam pads, to make three large flower heads - each one was then topped with a pearly pink button. The foliage sprays were die cut from Ocean Tides card, with another Spellbinders die set (sorry I can't remember the name of it). I adhered the foliage sprays to the card with a small dab of Ranger's Glossy Accents and added the three flowers with double sided tape and foam pads. The photo below shows just how dimensional the flowers are - I will need to make a box for this card as I don't think it will fit into an envelope!
The final touch was added in the form of three pearly buttons to embellish the top left corner. The card is really pretty in real life and I really enjoyed making it. Thanks for looking!